Be it office, shopping mall, hospital, road or just home, what is that one thing which always accompanies us wherever we go?
Our mobile phone! Yes, the mobile phones are everywhere and with everyone! They are used at all forms of life from doctors to engineers, to service man, to students and every common man and woman in their daily activities.
A mobile phone is a wireless portable electronic embedded instrument, which is used to send and receive voice calls and messages. These days it has become more than a calling device & the most essential routine instrument of information and entertainment
Nowadays mobile phones are also being depicted as useful sources for storing important data. They also act as calendars and alarm clocks; thus, reminding us about the set schedule from time to time. Even business is next to impossible without a mobile phone. No wonder, STATISTA shows the number of smartphones sold to end users in 2017 was around 1.54 billion and 2016 was 1.49 billion were sold worldwide. A drastic rise in demand was observed in the year 2010, from approximately 297 million it has gone above 1.5 billion. Thus, we can say that last decade has shown tremendous demand and supply of smartphones and reached every corner of this world.
Mobile Phones in our Daily Life
Let us explore some more day-to-day importance of mobile phones in our life:
• Talk your heart out – Information technology has improved the connectivity of mobile phones to a great level. With the boom of internet, we can surf various social media sites and applications that help us stay connected with our friends, family and the entire world. Mobile phones have made conversations easy & quick just by placing a call or sending a short text. Mobile phones are of great help at the time of emergencies too, it has become our first option of getaway.
• Day-to-day Utilities – Mobile phones help us a lot in our daily life. With the internet powered mobile, you can book a cab, transfer money or find routes to reach your destination with the help of various relevant apps. Also, you can take snaps and use your phone like a camera or even a barcode reader. Such uses of mobile phones are extremely helpful as they help us save our time and money, where now, time is money right? 😉
• Entertain and keep us informed – Who needs a television or a music system when there are mobile phones around! Mobile phones come with inbuilt FM radio, games and various other apps for entertainment. Moreover, you can download apps of your choice like news apps, health apps, UPI apps, etc. that will entertain and inform you. You can also watch videos and movies on your phones.
• Ensures safety– This is one of the most important benefits of using a mobile phone. Mobile phones ensure safety. Also, you can talk to your children and confirm that they have reached safely at their friend’s place or other destination. At the time of emergencies or difficult situations, the mobile phone can be used quickly to get a help.
• Mobile phones with Health benefits– It has also taken a lead role in medicine. Nowadays a wireless technology of mobile phone is being used to gather and send real time health parameters, through internet which is called a telemedicine aided system.
• Be more organized! – Today, mobile phones is armed with important features like documents, alarm, stop-watch, calendars, notes, etc. which help us become more organized.
A Mobile phone is a very useful and important instrument. It helps us in a lot many ways than just talking. It entertains along with delivering the information. All we need to do is to use this device smartly and wisely. We should also keep in mind that spending too much time on mobile phones is hazardous, as mobile phones emit harmful radiations leading to various health disorders. For more details, see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4350886/
It has also developed some serious effects on our society worldwide. Time and again, there are the reports that mobile phones are being misused by antisocial and criminal elements to carry out their illegal activities. Believe it or not, even our favorite cell phones has two sides of a coin, but it is up to us to learn to make better use of mobile phone.